Vision, mission and values
Fremantle Hospital: Small enough to care. Big enough to succeed.
We are committed to excellence in health care service provision, education and research. That commitment is demonstrated in our efforts to accommodate our community’s dynamic needs and changing expectations of healthcare. We seek to ensure that patients benefit from our appropriate use of evidence-based practice, innovation and available resources.
Our values guide our actions, both as individuals and as an organisation.
- ethical leadership – ensuring clarity of purpose, transparency, equity and justice in decision making
- teamwork – using exemplary communication within and across all agencies; nurturing a cooperative workforce that feels informed, valued and rewarded
- openness – having a "no blame" culture that welcomes and makes use of feedback on performance at all levels within the organisation
- reflective practice – seeking to continuously improve; always assessing the efficiency and effectiveness of our practices through evaluation, research and teaching, especially in collaboration with academic institutions
- the patient as a partner – ensuring our services are developed with a strong customer focus, for only with patient and community involvement can we match need with service delivery.