There are a number of transport options for people to get to and from our hospitals, with a range of convenient public transport facilities nearby.
Getting to and from Fremantle Hospital by public transport
There are four bus stops located next to Fremantle Hospital:
- 10454 – South Terrace before Alma Street
- 10467 – South Terrace after Wray Avenue (opposite side)
- 10692 – Hampton Road after Alma Street
- 10562 – Hampton Road after Alma Street (opposite side)
Fremantle CAT bus
The Fremantle CAT is a free circle bus service that operates around Fremantle CBD and passes the hospital on South Terrace every 10 minutes.
Fremantle CAT operating hours
7.30am – 6.30pm, Monday to Friday
7.30am – 8pm, Friday
10am – 6.30pm, Saturday, Sunday and public holidays*
*No service on Good Friday, Christmas and Boxing Day
Parking is available near all CAT stops if you wish to park and catch the bus to Fremantle Hospital.
The CAT departs from Fremantle Station and stops at multiple locations around Fremantle CBD, including the Esplanade, Marine Terrace, the Fremantle Markets and Queens Street Shopping Precinct.
Bus Routes via Fremantle Hospital (South Terrace)
Fremantle Station Circle Routes
Murdoch Station to Fremantle Station
- Route 511, via Winthrop, Samson and Hilton
- Route 513, via Kardinya, Coolbellup and Hilton
Cockburn Central to Fremantle Station
- Route 520, via South Lake and Hamilton Hill
- Route 530, via Yangebup
- Route 531, via Beeliar and Spearwood
- Route 532, via Beeliar and Coogee
- Route 533, via Beeliar, Yangebup and Spearwood (infrequent)
Rockingham Station to Fremantle Station
- Route 825, via Cockburn Road
- Route 920, via Kwinana Bus Station and Rockingham Road
Perth to Booragoon Bus Station (Hampton Road, at rear of hospital)
- Route 140, via Willagee
- Route 160, via Booragoon Bus Station and Willagee
Buses from Fremantle Station via South Terrace depart frequently.
**Information correct as at July 2014.
Visit Transperth (external site) for more information on bus/train timetables.