Community Advisory Council
It is important for our hospital to have a consumer focus. The term 'consumer' refers to members of the public who use or are potential users of our services, including patients, clients, families and carers.
Our Community Advisory Council (CAC) was established to provide opportunities for consumer participation in the development and delivery of hospital services, to meet the needs of the community we serve.
Members of the CAC work in partnership with staff to ensure the consumer voice is heard, acknowledged and valued by our health service.
CAC members contribute to:
- the facilitation of communication and consultation with the community where appropriate
- advising the hospital on processes for community consultation and participation
- providing a community perspective on activities, initiatives and projects that impact on consumers
- the creation and review of FHHS consumer service policies and procedures
- facilitating improvements in partnership with FHHS staff and management
- maintaining an awareness and understanding of the requirements of relevant standards, e.g. National Safety and Quality Health Service (NSQHS) Standards, National Standards for Mental Health Services (NSMHS) and EQuIPNational Standards
- activities undertaken to achieve compliance with the above standards.
Advertisements for new members are placed in the local media (including community newspapers and The West Australian newspaper) and on this website when vacancies arise.
Coordinator: Patient Liaison
Phone: +61 8 9431 2787
Operating hours: The CAC meets monthly