Fremantle Hospital and Health Service is a major provider of quality health care for people in Perth’s south-western suburbs and is part of the South Metropolitan Health Service (SMHS) (external site) hospital network.
Fremantle Hospital is a 300-bed specialist hospital, focused on providing high-quality aged care, mental health, secondary rehabilitation, planned surgery and specialist medical services.
Our services include:
- aged care – geriatric and rehabilitation services
- elective surgery – general surgery including elective and short-stay procedures, plastic surgery (hand procedures), vascular surgery, orthopaedic surgery, anaesthesiology and pain management services and ophthalmology
- perioperative care unit to provide safe management of surgical patients requiring a higher level of care
- general medicine – for inpatients and outpatients, endocrinology, inlcuding diabetes clinics, sexual health services and gastroenterology
- mental health – inpatient and community mental health services for adults and older adults
- rehabilitation services – general and ortho-geriatric rehabilitation
- other outpatient and inpatient services – pathology, radiology and pharmacy service.